Tips for Moving Your Clothes
You may be asking yourself, “Where do I even start?” Fortunately, our professional team at Apple Moving DFW, LLC knows what you should do to prepare your move and make it as simple and efficient as possible.
The following are some helpful tips that can assist you with moving clothes to your new home:
- Get rid of clothes you don’t need or want anymore. The first thing you should do before packing your clothes is decide which items to keep and which ones to sell or throw away. You can throw out whatever is old, whatever doesn’t fit any longer, or things you do not want.
- Know what packing materials to use. Consider all of the clothes you are moving and figure out how many boxes, tap, and bags you need for them. Keep in mind that there are boxes for clothes on hangers if necessary.
- Use your calendar. The best way to avoid a moving day disaster is to start packing your clothes early. Sort out clothes that are out of season or that you won’t use until well after you move and start placing them in boxes. By working little by little, you will have your entire wardrobe organized and ready to go.
- Don’t make the boxes weigh too much. It may be tempting to pack all of your clothes in just a few boxes. However, there is a high possibility that those boxes can break, resulting in a huge mess that you will have to clean up yourself.
- Shoes should be packed separately. Do not mix your clean clothes with your shoes and run the risk of getting your clothes dirty or contaminated with germs.
- Use your own packing supplies. If you have travel bags and suitcases, you can use them to pack your clothes instead of leaving them empty.
If you are interested in professional and experienced moving services, contact Apple Moving DFW, LLC today.